We are excited that you're interested in joining our squad as a Big Brother or Big Sister! This is a fun and life-changing volunteer opportunity that offers the invaluable gift of friendship. Becoming a mentor through Big Brothers Big Sisters of Licking & Perry Counties is an awesome experience that has a significant impact on youth. Those involved in our program have higher confidence, feel an increased sense of belonging, and are 52% less likely to skip school!
As a Big Brother or Big Sister, you'll meet with your Little two to four times a month and participate in fun activities in the community. You can visit the museum, library, roller rink, the movies, or go out for ice cream! You can work on specific goals set by your Little and their parent, such as helping them ace their next test at school, boosting their confidence, or working on their basketball skills! Our staff provides ongoing support throughout your match journey to offer coaching, monitor for safety, give tips, share resources, and answer any questions that may arise.
- Commit to a minimum of 12 months as a Big.
- Commit to spending consistent, significant time with your Little each month.
- Follow all agency policies, procedures and ground rules. Because child safety is a top priority, we consider violations of policies, procedures, and ground rules to be grounds for match suspension or termination.
- Maintain regular communication with Match Support staff, including returning all calls and emails. Failure to maintain contact may result in closure of the match.
- Participate in required surveys and assessments related to the match relationship and youth outcomes.
- Complete assigned training.